Since the establishment of Bonthuis on the 1st of April 1979 in Pretoria, I as owner have had the determination to provide surroundings in which child development can flourish in a happy and positive style. Bonthuis consequently became known for its high academic standards supported by excellent teachers, the careful fostering of individual talents together with the need for a child's privacy and comfort, which provided the basis for our plans for the future.
The owner Mrs. Vonka Cloete passed away on 15 October 2008. Her husband, Mr. Frans Cloete is the new owner of Bonthuis Nursery School and Mrs. Annette Lategan is the Principal.
We shall strive to meet these objectives and to continue to offer all that is best in modern educational practices.
Communication between the school and you as parents is of the utmost importance to us. As a team we will strive to ensure your child's happiness and well being at all times. Please feel free to discuss any concerns with the principal and staff at Bonthuis.
These are a few of the wonderful advantages we offer at BONTHUIS:
- If you are looking for a nursery school where the sheer happiness of the children enables them to flourish, where natural talents and gifts are celebrated, nurtured and developed into lifelong strenghts, BONTHUIS may well be the place to begin your quest.
- The crèche has a spacious, well-equipped, baby friendly room.
- The nursery school has six attractive, well planned and carefully resourced classrooms.
- Due to the fact that we believe in the importance of play, especially being able to run around freely we have two large playgrounds. In summer there are lovely shady areas for the children and in winter a wonderful sunny environment. We have fully qualified teachers for each age group who have all had years of experience and are dedicated to develop the full potential of each individual child while teaching the importance of being.
- Each child is known by name by all the members of staff. This ensures that every child feels cherished and important. We offer full tuition in both English and Afrikaans.
- Researched curriculi and specific goals for different age groups:
- British as well as 2005 pre-primary curriculi are integrated into our programme. It has been tested, researched and successfully implemented. Two staff members are sent to the United Kingdom on a bi-yearly basis to visit prestigious schools there in order to monitor our standards and methods.
- This is implemented on a differentiated basis according to age groups.
- A deep rooted cultural instinct to express emotional feelings by means of art, dated from the beginning of the existence of mankind. Each teacher is responsible for Art Instruction Exposure to use a variety of media which serves as development and refinement of thinking processes such as problem solving and creativity.
- This is further more refined by a differentiated basis within each age group to give each child the attention and stimulation that they need and deserve as an individual.
- Should a child require remedial teaching, it is available on site. It is very important to us to ensure that every child reaches it's full potential.
- We are open throughout the year. Bonthuis usually closes on the 15th December until the 2nd January.
- Our opening hours are 06h30 to 17h30, Monday to Friday.
- We provide two fully balanced meals (breakfast and lunch) as well as snacks, fruit and drinks. The security of our children is of utmost importance and therefore we have a full time guard.
- Physiotherapy services on the premises:
- Lung treatment for conditions such as asthma, bronchitis, upper respiratory infection, etc.
- By special request of the parents, the child may enrol in additional extra-mural activities. All of these are presented by fully qualified, highly competent teachers with many years of experience in training children.